Marek Miś graduated biology at Mikołaj Kopernik University in Toruń. The photography and the light microscopy have been his passion for many years. last years he combined these twoo passions and devoted himself almost solely to taking photographs with the microscope. He is the author of some individual exhibitions and the participant of many collective exhibits. His works were showed both in Poland and abroad. He is the multiple winner of the two prestigious competitions dedicated to the photomicrography: Nikon Small World and Olympus BioScapes. He is an author of about 80 publications on photography,nature and constructional (Przyroda Polska, Foto, Fotokurier, Wiedza i Życie, Młody Technik, Twój Urlop, Amateur Photographer, Digital Camera Polska). In 2015 was published his book on photography tittled "Blisko, coraz bliżej. Od Fotografii zbliżeniowej do mikrofotografii" (Helion 2015) (Eng. "Close, closer and closer. From close-up to the photomicrography"). He cooperates with some photo agencies in Poland (East News) and abroad (Science Photo Library - Great Britain), Science Source - USA and BioShots - USA)
Exhibitions and digital displays of photography
1. "Photo-eco' 96" - colective exhibition after the competition, Poznań
2. "Autumnal Salon of the Photography' 97" - collective exhibition as the fellow of PAcamera Club, Suwałki
3. "Suwałki Fine Arts Salon 2001" - collective exhibition, Suwałki
4. "Suwałki Fine Arts Triennial 2004" - collective exhibition, Suwałki
5. "Inhabitants of the water drop" 2010 - Individual exhibition, Wigry Museum in Stary Folwark
6. "Vandens Laso Gyventojai", 2010 - individual exhibition, Kowno, Lithuania
7. "Olympus BioScapes 2010" - collective, touring Exhibition after the competition, USA, Canada
8. "Painted with the microscope", 2011 - individual exhibition, ROKIS-Suwałki
9. "Nikon Small World 2012" - collective, touring Exhibition after the competition, USA, Canada
10. "Microfascinations", 2012 - individual exhibition, Earth Museum, Warsaw
11. "Interphoto Festival Białystok 2013" - collective exhibition, Białystok
12. "See Me – The Story of The Creative 2013” – collective exhibition, New York
13. "Lecture on photomicrography with display of micrographs", 2014 - Kopernik Science Centre in Warsaw
14. "Beyond the bulb” The year of light 2015 – collective exhibition, various countries of the world
15. "PAcamera 30 years, photographs", 2015 - collective exhibition, Suwałki
16. "Display of micrographs for VII LO pupils in Suwalki" - 2015, Suwałki
17. "Suwałki Fine Arts Salon 2015" - collective exhibition, Suwałki
18. "Travells across the microworlds", 2015 - display of the micrographs in Wigry Museum in Stary Folwark
19. "Natures of the microcosmos", 2015 - individual exhibition in Rozmarino Gallery, Suwałki
20. "The secrets of the microcosmos", 2016 - display of the micrographs in Culture Center in Raczki
21. "II SoulWałki Gospel Workshop", 2016 - display of the micrographs accompanying to the final concert,
Suwałki Culture Center
22. "The Photography Angle", 2016 - collective exhibition, Great Britain
23. "The Creators Deserve To Be Seen", 2016 - collective exhibition, Times Square, New York
24. "The Art of the Nature" - 2016 r. - collective exhibit as part of IX International Festival of the Photography
and Nature Film, Toruń 2016
1. Foto-eko' 96, Poznań - distinction for the macrograph "We are leaving in the moment"
2. Olympus BioScapes 2009 - honorable mention for the micrograph "Cymbella"
3. Nikon Small World 2009 - distinction for the micrograph "Closterium"
4. Nikon Small World 2009 - distinction for the micrograph "Micrasterias"
5. Olympus BioScapes 2010 - honorable mention for the micrograph "Elodea canadensis"
6. Nikon Small World 2011 - distinction for the micrograph "Spirogyra"
7. Nikon Small World 2012 - distinction for the micrograph "Nettle trichomes"
8. Nikon Small World 2012 - 6 th place for the micrograph "Cosmarium near Sphagnum leaf"
9. Olympus BioScapes 2012 - honorable mention for the micrograph "Various species of desmids"
10. Olympus BioScapes 2012 - honorable mention for the micrograph "Sphagnum leaf cells"
11. Olympus BioScapes 2013 - honorable mention for the micrograph "Netrium and Staurastrum near
12. Nikon Small World 2013 - distinction for the micrograph "Micrasterias americana"
13. Nikon Small World 2016 - 6 th place for the micrograph "Air bubbles formed from melted ascorbic acid
14. Nikon Small World 2016 - honorable mention for the micrograph "Caudal gill of a dragonfly larva"
15. Nikon Small World 2016 - honorable mention for the micrograph "Leg of a water boatman"
16. Neutral Density Photography Awards 2016 - 1 th place in category "Nature - other" for the set of
the micrographs "Wonders of the microworld"
17. Neutral Density Photography Awards 2016 - honorable mention for the set of the micrographs
in category "Fine Art - abstract" for the set of the micrographs "The odd towns by night"
18. The Art of the Nature, IX International Festival of Photography and Nature Film, Toruń 2016 -
distinction for the micrograph in festival competition tittled "On the Paths of Nature"
Because of education and interests many of his micrographs are dedicated to various aspects of the living world.
Apart from that he uses the microscope for searching the quite abstractional images. Besides the images refering to the graphic arts he also look for the images resembling pieces of our ordinary, big world. With his micrographs he tries to show the beauty and the great variety of the worlds hidden for naked eye.
The images which he creates are not the effect of the postprocession manipulations. Both the rich colour sheme and the great variety of forms are the effect of using special illumination techniques (mostly polarized light and dark field) just in the moment of taking the photograph.