Studied architecture and fine arts in the USA and Poland.
He practices painting, drawing, computer graphics and photography. Recent projects come from the fascination of multi sensual perception. Paintings are elements of performances based on the idea of synesthetic metaphors - abstractly combined sensual experiences create individual feelings for each participant.
He exhibited in Europe and the USA as well as he ran a summer authorial gallery in Smogen, Sweden and Izabelin, Poland. For 25 years he has been dealing with consultancy in the field of building and managing brand image. Lives and works in Izabelin, Poland and Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
He realizes his works in series that combine reflection on a man in relation to the world around him in the age of posthumanism and transhumanism. Using process painting and his own developed techniques in acrylic technology, he chooses the means of expression to present the issues bothering him.
Jan Astner realises his works in series that combine reflection on a man in relation to the world around him in the age of poshumanism and transhumanism. Using process painting and his own developed techniques in acrylic technology, he chooses the means of expression to present the issues bothering him.
- Voluptuous Towns - impressions referring to visited cities, presenting the city as a place of life, where the theme is not architecture and urban planning, but the emotions and experiences associated with the socio-cultural space noted by the author.
- Humanography - coding and decoding of messages by individuals as well as entire social groups.
- Sybaritic Poses - analysis of the interaction between the internal and external world of man, both in the material, sensual and psychological sphere.
- Transhuman Portaits - reflection on the changes of the human body, its beautification and modification.
- Synesthetic Landscapes - multisensual pretexts for personal perception. What tastes can be seen in the picture? What colours of the sounds can be heard? What is the relation between the touch and the colour? Etc.
- Coincidences - Jan Astner creates his monochrome drawings in his forest studio. They are inspired by numerous journeys. Every winter, the artist moves to Andalusia and travels regularly. On the Iberian Peninsula, he is fascinated by the sea and the mountains. During his trips to Andalusia, Cantabria, and the Portuguese coast, he makes synthetic sketches of coasts, rocks and sky. Observing such a diverse nature was the inspiration and basis for creating Coincidences.